Libby advises government and private sector clients on planning, environmental and administrative law matters, including environmental planning and approval processes, environmental incidents, and environmental and planning due diligence. Libby has experience conducting native title proceedings in the Federal Court, and in the Land and Environment Court acts for acquiring and consent authorities, specialising in compulsory acquisition matters.
Libby is recommended by the Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2023) Guide for her work in Native Title.
- Advising and drafting documentation for State and local government clients on compulsory acquisitions for public infrastructure
- Acting for state authorities and local councils in Class 3 Land and Environment Court proceedings in relation to determinations of compensation for compulsory acquisitions.
Planning & environment
- Advising the Commonwealth Department of Environment on assessment and approval bilateral agreements between States and Commonwealth
- Advising Parkes Shire Council on environmental and planning approvals for its Recycled Water Scheme
- Advising local government, state bodies and a large-scale solar farm developer on planning, land access, environmental and Indigenous aspects of projects
- Environment and planning due diligence advice.
- Acting in non-claimant native title proceedings in the Federal Court
- Acting for a local council in the NSW Crown Land Negotiation Program
- Advising local councils and private clients on native title and Aboriginal land claims.
Secondment to Sydney Water
Seconded to Sydney Water from January 2020 to September 2020, advising on planning and environment aspects of projects and operations.