Ross Jackson acts for public and private sector organisations in all employment-related matters, including strategic industrial relations and human resource management issues, terminations and anti-discrimination claims, work health and safety matters, and negotiation and drafting of enterprise agreements and executive contracts.
Ross has a long history as an advocate before the courts and federal and state employment and anti-discrimination Commissions and Tribunals. He is known for his particular expertise in public sector industry matters, and has successfully represented employers, including the State of Victoria, in each of these jurisdictions. Clients include major State Government departments, statutory authorities and both public and private companies.
Ross has more than 20 years’ experience in employment matters and has been a partner of the firm for more than 25 years. He has worked at Maddocks since 1985 and is currently a Board Member of Maddocks.
Ross is highly regarded in the industry and has been awarded the following rankings:
- Best Lawyers in Australia – recommended for Labour and Employment 2013-2019
- Chambers Asia-Pacific 2012- 2019 – ranked for Employment, clients say ‘He is very good for sensitive and complex negotiations and mediations in the employment space’
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 – recommended for Employment
- Doyle’s Guide 2013-2019 – listed as a leading lawyer for Employment
- Employment advice – advising on executive employment, executive terminations, contracts and contractual disputes and litigation.
- General protections issues – advising clients on managing workplace complaints to avoid claims and, where necessary, strategising to reduce liability in litigation.
- Enterprise bargaining – advising and representing employers in industrial strategy, bargaining and responding to industrial action.
- Human resources issues – investigating and resolving instances of employee misconduct through disciplinary action, unfair dismissals, performance management and conflict resolution.
- Disciplinary investigations and hearings – representing public sector bodies for over 20 years in disciplinary matters, including as advocate.
- Restructures – many years’ experience advising on consultation obligations, redeployment, redundancy and related issues in this complex area.
- Discrimination – representing and advising employers on claims of sexual harassment, and direct and indirect discrimination under both state and federal legislation.