Sasha is a Senior Associate in the Dispute Resolution & Litigation team. She has a broad range of experience in litigation and dispute matters in the Victorian and Federal jurisdictions with a particular focus on intellectual property and defamation. Sasha also has experience in independent inquiries, contractual disputes, competition and consumer law, corporations law and administrative law litigation.
- Acting for a Melbourne University student in defending defamation proceedings in the County Court of Victoria, including bringing an application under the new s 10A of the Defamation Act 2005 (Vic).
- Acting for a successful businessman in the financial technology industry in multiple defamation proceedings commenced in the Supreme Court of Victoria against various print and online media organisations.
- Acting for a number of commercial and private clients in relation to copyright and trade mark protection and infringement.
- Sasha’s article on copyright titled ‘Authorship and the Moral Rights of Assistants and Fabricators in Contemporary Art Practice’ was published in the Australian Intellectual Property Journal in 2022.
- Assisting Adam Bell SC in his review of The Star Pty Ltd under the Casino Control Act 1992 (NSW).
- Assisting the Hon Marilyn Warren AC KC in an independent review into the movement from Adelaide to Sydney of a former Jesuit brother convicted of historical cases of abuse.
Kidman Resourced Limited
- Acting for Kidman in its Federal Court application seeking approval of its $776 million acquisition by Wesfarmers by way of a scheme of arrangement. Orders were made by the Federal Court approving the scheme.