Andrew has significant experience advising on some of the largest and most complex construction/infrastructure/energy projects undertaken in both Australia and internationally (particularly in the Middle East, Europe and Africa). He has advised a wide variety of industry participants, including Project Financiers; Project Sponsors; Contractors; and Subcontractors in connection with the planning, delivery and execution of major projects spanning a wide range of industry sectors.
In addition, Andrew is a qualified Civil Engineer and has obtained practical, hands-on experience in the projects, engineering and construction industry. Prior to joining Maddocks in 2007, Andrew worked as part of the construction and major projects team at Clifford Chance in London as well of some of Australia’s largest law firms.
Andrew was recognised for his work in the area of Construction in the 2012 edition of legal directory PLC Which Lawyer?.
- Project advice from conception to completion
- Public Private Partnerships/major projects (including EPC)
- Drafting and negotiating tender and contract documentation
- Contract administration advice and issues resolution
- Acting for Transport for NSW in the Wynyard Walk project
- Acting for participants in the Brisbane Airport Link project
- Acting for project sponsors on the Eastlink (Mitcham-Frankston Freeway) project
- Acting for RTA on the M7, Cross City Tunnel and Lane Cove Tunnel PPP tollroad projects
- Acting for project sponsors on process technology licensing and EPC contract aspects of a US$10 billion petrochemical plant development in Saudi Arabia
- Acting for project sponsors in connection with a 3600 MW power plant project in southern Africa
- Acting for project sponsors and developers in connection with windfarm projects in Europe
- Acting for financiers, principals and contractors on numerous commercial and residential development projects throughout Australia
- Acting for major Australian water company on major infrastructure project delivered under alliancing model
- Andrew is ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Construction/Infrastructure Law from 2014 – 2018.
- Andrew is ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 for Construction.
- Andrew is recommended in Doyle’s Guide 2016 for Construction & Infrastructure.
- Andrew is ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2016 for Construction & Projects.
- Andrew is recommended in Doyle’s Guide 2015 for Construction.
- Andrew is ranked in Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 for Construction.
- Andrew is recommended in the 2012 edition of Doyle’s Guide for Construction Law.
- Andrew received recognition for his work in the area of Construction in the 2012 edition of legal directory PLC Which Lawyer?
- Andrew was recommended in the field of building & construction law in the 2010 edition of Asia Pacific Legal 500.
- The 2008 edition of ALB Guide: Building & Construction Law commented on Andrew’s ‘sound industry knowledge’. Andrew was also recognised in the 2009 edition of ALB Guide: Building & Construction Law