Peter is a leading Australian energy sector lawyer, with more than 20 years’ experience. He acts for energy utilities, energy sector investors and Government on energy projects, transactional and commercial work, as well as energy market regulatory work.
Peter has been recognised by leading legal directories, Chambers Asia Pacific for Energy & Natural Resources, Best Lawyers for Energy and IFLR1000 for Energy & Infrastructure and Project Development.
Solar and wind farms
Advising Energy Australia on solar and wind farms including: Ross River, Manildra, Coleambally and Beryl Solar Farms and the Bodangora Wind Farm. Peter also advised Energy Australia on its participation in the Ballarat and Gannawarra Battery Storage Projects in Victoria, financed by the Victorian Government and ARENA.
Advising on their bid for acquisition of:
- Origin Energy’s metring business (Acumen)
- AGL’s metering business (Active Stream).
Wholesale and retail energy and environmental products contracting,
Advised EnergyAustralia, Delta Electricity, Alinta Energy on:
- electricity, environmental products and gas ISDA derivative contracts and transaction
- retail energy sale and supply agreements for residential, small business and C&I customers (including complex book build and environmental product charging methodologies)
- solar panel and demand response products and services agreements
- embedded generator power purchase and renewable energy purchase agreements.
Energy markets advisory
Advised the New South Wales State Government on the establishment and implementation of the National Gas Pipeline Access Regime and the National Electricity Market, as well as the corporatisation of the State-owned electricity sector.
Energy markets regulation
Advising the Council of Australian Governments on a comprehensive review of the National Electricity Market governance and liability arrangements.
Maddocks appoints leading energy and resources partner
Maddocks has appointed one of Australia’s leading energy and resources lawyers.
Waste to Energy projects: opportunities and challenges
Australian governments are developing policies and guidelines to facilitate Waste to Energy initiatives.
Solar solutions: key considerations for developers incorporating solar energy into a project
Threat of blackouts and rising energy prices has led to more and more homes and businesses opting for solar energy