Terry specialises in planning law. He is an accredited expert in the areas of environment land and planning law and local government law and has been since October 1993. He has practised in the area of planning law for more than 20 years.
Terry is a recognised specialist in the industry and has been awarded the following rankings:
- Ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Planning and Environment Law from 2013 – 2018.
- Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Planning & Environment Lawyer in 2015 and 2016.
- Doyle’s Guide as a Recommended Planning & Environment Lawyer in 2012 and 2013.
- Land development
- Town planning
- Extensively advising on town planning and land development for local government and state government authorities and private clients.
- Advising on the Local Government Act 1989, the Planning & Environment Act 1987 and a range of other environment legislation.
- Retained by the Victorian State Government to prepare an independent report on the amendments to the Planning and Environment Act concerning restrictive covenants.
- Preparing agreements under planning legislation.
- Numerous appearances before VCAT, independent panel hearings and hearings of advisory committees.