Terry specialises in planning law and has more than 30 years’ experience. He is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited expert in Town Planning, Local Government and Environment Law law and has been since October 1993.
Terry is a recognised specialist in the industry and has been awarded the following rankings:
- Ranked in the Australian Financial Review’s Best Lawyers in the category of Planning and Environment Law from 2013 – 2018.
- Doyle’s Guide as a Pre-eminent Planning & Environment Lawyer in 2019.
- Doyle’s Guide as a Leading Planning & Environment Lawyer from 2015 to 2018.
- Doyle’s Guide as a Recommended Planning & Environment Lawyer in 2012 and 2013.
- Land development
- Town planning
- Extensively advising on town planning and land development for local government and state government authorities and private clients.
- Advising on the Local Government Act 1989, the Planning & Environment Act 1987 and a range of other environment legislation.
- Retained by the Victorian State Government to prepare an independent report on the amendments to the Planning & Environment Act 1987 concerning restrictive covenants.
- Preparing agreements under planning legislation.
- Numerous appearances before VCAT, independent panel hearings and hearings of advisory committees.