Alicia has more than 20 years’ experience specialising in commercial property transactions, property-related restructuring, turnaround and insolvency matters and energy and resources land tenure issues. She advises developers, owners, managers and government authorities on industrial, commercial, retail and hotel acquisitions, disposals and development; industrial and commercial leasing; and property management. Alicia also acts for financers and receivers and managers regarding resource and energy sector land access and infrastructure projects.
Prior to joining Maddocks, Alicia was an Executive Counsel in the Finance, Real Estate and Projects team at Herbert Smith Freehills.
- Land acquisitions and disposals
- Property development
- Leasing and licensing (commercial, industrial and retail)
- Infrastructure and energy projects
- Property management
- Insolvency related property disposal
- Advising AGL Energy Limited on property acquisitions, easements and general property advice work relating to large scale energy projects including solar production, wind production and gas storage and pipeline projects.
- Advising AGL Energy Limited on the disposal of surplus assets.
- Advising ANZ Banking Group on the sale and lease back of 20 Martin Place, Sydney and the agreement for lease and lease of their Sydney head office at 242 Pitt Street.
- Advising ANZ Banking Group on the acquisition of land and development of Australia’s largest office building at Melbourne’s Dockland’s precinct.
- Advising Blackstone Group on real estate and distressed asset and debt acquisitions, including the acquisition of a national portfolio of assets from Mirvac and an ancillary strategic acquisition.
- Advising GPT Management Limited on its acquisition of a one half interest in Governor Phillip and Governor Macquarie Towers and major leasing.
- Advising Grocon regarding the proposed acquisition of a Sydney development site.
- Advising Jemena Limited in relation to property issues.
- Advising Jones Lang LaSalle (NSW) Pty Limited on industrial and commercial leasing and general property management advice work.
- Advising K-REIT as purchaser from Mirvac of a one half interest in the property trust that owns and is developing 8 Chifley Square.
- Advising Mirvac Wholesale Hotel Trust on its acquisition of the Carlton Hotel Portfolio, a one-half interest in the Cairns International Hotel and the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel at North Ryde and on-going hotel management issues relating to these hotels.
- Advising Optus in relation to its commercial and retail lease portfolio.
- Advising Roads and Maritime Services on the development, title structuring and ongoing management of the wharves and waterfront properties at King Street Wharf, Walsh Bay, Jones Bay, Pyrmont Bay, Rozelle Bay, Botany Bay and Manly Wharf.
- Advising Valad Property Group on commercial acquisitions and industrial acquisitions and disposals.