Arlene leads the Sydney Banking and Finance team. She has a sophisticated client portfolio, acting for financial institutions and corporate borrowers on a wide range of banking and finance transactions, including corporate finance, property finance, acquisition finance and project finance. Arlene also has significant experience in acting for issuers in the Australian and US debt capital markets.
Arlene’s major clients include major Australian banks, non-bank lenders and corporate borrowers, including international investors. Arlene consistently delivers outstanding results for her clients, bringing deep commerciality and legal expertise to each and every matter.
Awards & Recognition:
- Recognised Banking & Finance Lawyer, Best Lawyers Australia 2023
- Recognised Banking & Finance Lawyer, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2023
- Finalist, Partner of the Year - Banking & Finance, Lawyers Weekly 2023
- Led the Banking & Finance Team of the Year, Lawyers Weekly, 2023
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Acting on the $65m facilitate to Penrith Panthers for working capital purposes and the development of a hotel and conference facilities including a 1000 seat convention centre and 154 room hotel.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia: Acting on the $150m facilities provided to the developer of the proposed Sydney Business Park.
- Macquarie Bank: Acting on the $50m funding to Alceon Group for the acquisition of an apartment/hotel complex in Canberra.
- Macquarie Bank: Acting on the $40m debt financing to the Resilium Group for capital expenditure purposes.
- Madigan Capital: Acting on the $150m funding for the acquisition by KSL Capital of Four Points by Sheraton, Central Park Sydney. Also acted on the $40m construction financing to an SPV Borrower for the development of a distribution warehouse at Adelaide Airport.
- Sirius developments: Acting on the $400m funding of the landmark Sirius Building on Sydney Harbour. Funding was provided by Austreo Ventures (a Goldman Sachs entity).
- Bayswater Pty Ltd: Acting on the $125m funding of the Vibe Hotel, Rushcutters Bay Sydney. Funding was by way of a Senior Facility Agreement provided by Metrics Credit Partners.
- Greenland Australia: Acting on the $125m funding of various projects for Greenland, including the 'Greenland Centre' apartments in Sydney’s CBD. Funding includes a ‘hybrid’ construction/residual Facility Agreement, which is unique in the Australian market.