Briana specialises in planning and environment law.
She advises clients on a wide range of matters in relation to strategic and statutory planning and environmental law, regularly appearing as an advocate at Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and Planning Panels Victoria hearings. Over the past 10 years, Briana has come to be recognised as a specialist in strategic planning. She routinely advises clients on the full range of issues that arise during the life-cycle of a strategic project – namely, during inception, preparation, public notice, hearing and the implementation stage of a project.
In 2019, Briana was recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a Planning and Environment Rising Star.
- Planning and Environment
- Public Law
- Specialist Litigation
- Advising clients on the interpretation and application of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, the Victorian Planning Provisions and related legislation.
- Advising clients on the strategic planning process.
- Representing various municipal councils at Planning Panels Victoria in relation to planning scheme amendments.
- Representing various municipal councils at VCAT in relation to statutory planning decisions.
- Drafting and interpreting agreements under section 173 of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
- Providing statutory authorities with strategic legal advice and services in relation to disputes and general litigation.