Alex advises private and public organisations and high net worth individuals on all aspects of commercial property. This includes, property acquisitions and disposals, conduction legal due diligence and reviewing property funding and refinancing documents. Alex has also significant experience acting for prominent property developers, including international and public listed companies.
- Prominent property developers - acting on greenfield subdivisions and development projects, assisting in unit title redevelopment and advising on development structuring for subdivision projects throughout New Zealand. This included advising on and negotiating funding, construction and other development contracts relating to the respective development projects.
- New Zealand vocational training institution – acting in all leasing matters, premises fitout contracts, consultancy agreements and services supply agreements review.
- Landlords and tenants – advising on complex commercial and retail leasing matters, shopping mall leases, airport and airfield leases, farm leases as well as sale and lease back transactions.
- Various quasi-government entities, master developers and sub-developers – providing legal advice and guidance in the United Arab Emirates and other Middle Eastern countries in relation to their mixed-use development and construction projects, including providing development structuring advice, drafting of off plan sales contract, disclosure statement, strata documentation and master community declaration.
- Global financial institution – advising all aspects of its commercial, retail and ATM leases and licences in the United Arab Emirates and Iran, as well as advising, drafting and negotiating its signage and media advertising agreement.
- Australian supermarket – acting in all aspects of land acquisition, development and retail leases in Western Australia.
- Oil and gas company – advising on in its pipeline infrastructure and tenure project in Western Australia involving drafting and negotiation of complex pipeline licences and easements.
- Prominent hotel group – acting its strata development and volumetric and unit title subdivision project, constructed on top of an existing hotel building in Auckland CBD.
- Advising on a complex vendor due diligence investigation involving the sale of a prominent medical business in Auckland, also considering the Overseas Investment Act application.
- Drafting of bespoke commercial contracts, including Event Agreement, Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Agreement, Deed of Assignment of Rights, Escrow Deed, Deed of Cash Bond and Deed of Settlement.
- Preparing and advising on documents associated with development and construction joint venture projects for Auckland Zoo, multi-million Auckland Central Library redevelopment and upgrade, and other public property, drainage, walkway and cycleway construction projects.
- Advising on various road widening and upgrade projects in Auckland City Council through land acquisitions under Public Works Act and various land exchanges.
- Providing legal and strategic advice to various other divisions in Auckland City Council in relation to various projects, including the ‘Development with Vision’ project.
- Conducting legal due diligence and advising on land and property acquisition and disposal.
- Reviewing and advising on procurement contracts for various divisions in Auckland City Council including parking meter supply agreement and towing services agreement.
- Reviewing and advising on management agreements and funding agreements with YMCA, community theatres, art gallery, Citizen Advice Bureau and other private and public corporations.
- Advising on all aspect of leasing matters including commercial lease, retail lease, airspace lease, subsoil lease, marina licence, railway land lease, carpark lease, and reserve lease.