“Knows our pressure points, and rather than telling us what the problem is, gives us a solution.”
Chambers Asia-Pacific 2017
Andrew is a leading construction and infrastructure lawyer with a long track record of playing a lead role in many of Australia’s most significant major projects.
Andrew advises both public sector and private sector clients on all aspect of project delivery, including outsourcing and procurement, and project agreements. He also advises on construction contracts, operating agreements and other project documents.
In particular, Andrew has vast experience in complex construction and infrastructure projects and a particular expertise in Public Private Partnerships.
Andrew is consistently recognised as a leading lawyer in construction and infrastructure in independent legal industry surveys such as Chambers Asia Pacific, Asia Pacific Legal 500, Best Lawyers and Doyle’s Guide.
- Vast experience in Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) and large-scale, complex construction and infrastructure projects
- Project agreements, construction contracts and operating agreements
- Procurement contracts and tendering procedures
- Project management issues
Andrew’s recent PPP experience includes:
- Ravenhall Prison PPP project – advising John Holland and Leighton Holdings on all aspects of their proposal from RFP to financial close in September 2014.
- Northern Beaches Hospital PPP project – advising Thiess, Leighton Contractors and Leighton Holdings on all aspects of their proposal from RFP to financial close in December 2014.
- Cranbourne Pakenham Rail Corridor PPP – advising John Holland on contracts for grade separations, rail corridor upgrades and maintenance facilities, including pass through of the project deed, schedules and ancillary agreements.
- WA Schools PPP project – advising Macquarie Capital consortium on its successful bid for this PPP project (reached financial close in September 2015).
- ACT Law Courts PPP project – advising Macquarie Capital and Laing O’Rourke consortium on its successful bid for this PPP project (reached financial close in December 2015).
- Victorian Schools 2 PPP project – advising YMCA as service provider on its successful bid for this project.
- CityLink – specialist construction partner advising Transurban Consortium on design and construction of the Melbourne City Link tunnel and freeway system.
Other construction projects:
- National Broadband Network – lead construction advisor to NBN Co Ltd on construction of fibre rollout and associated infrastructure.
- Roy Hill Iron Ore project – advising Roy Hill Holdings on construction and procurement of its $7 billion new iron ore development in the Pilbara, including all associated infrastructure.
- Adelaide Desalination Plant – advising the South Australian Crown Solicitors Office and South Australian Water Corporation on all aspects of the seawater desalination plant.
- Melbourne Airport Terminal expansions – advising Melbourne Airport on a range of expansion and upgrade projects, including a $300 million expansion of the international terminal, runway upgrades, replacement of baggage systems, operating agreements and carpark developments.
- City West Water – advising City West Water, a State-owned water retailer, on its recycled water desalination project at Altona, including preparation of all project documents and associated advice.