Rebecca practices principally in wills and estates, estate planning and asset protection, estate administration, estate litigation, charities and not-for-profits, guardianship and administration matters and powers of attorney. Rebecca has many years of experience in advising high-net-worth families and individuals, handling family provision claims, as well as estate and trust litigation matters.
Rebecca has a special interest in pro-bono work, Part IV claims, capacity matters and the charities and not-for-profits space. She takes a client-focused and personable approach, particularly when working with clients who have complex interpersonal relationships and family dynamics, especially in the context of contested matters and estate litigation.
Personal and business succession planning
Advising on all aspects of personal and business succession planning, including:
- Asset protection and structuring for high net worth individuals
- Advising on trusts, wills, estate planning and asset protection
- Preparing simple and complex wills (including testamentary trusts)
- Preparing powers of attorney in Victoria and New South Wales and superannuation binding death benefit nominations
- Advice and structuring in preparation for intergenerational transition of control of privately held businesses.
Contested matters and estate litigation
Contested matters including preparation of and advice regarding:
- applications for guardianship and administration orders at VCAT
- contested wills, contested probate applications including caveat proceedings
- contested executor commission applications
- applications under Part IV of the Administration and Probate Act 1958 (Vic), in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the County Court of Victoria
- Family provision claims in NSW
Obtaining grants of probate and letters of administration for deceased estates in Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia, reseal of foreign grants and estate administration.