Shane has more than 14 years experience in construction, projects, infrastructure and property.
Shane has acted for government departments, statutory authorities, local governments, corporations, developers, contractors and consortiums.
Shane has undertaken numerous secondments at Maddocks’ clients or affiliates, including six months in the Partnerships Victoria unit at the Victorian Department of Treasury and Finance, 3 months at Veolia Water, 3 months in the bid office at AquaSure (the successful consortia for the Melbourne Desalination Plan) and one year at Maddocks’ associate firm in Scotland, MacRoberts, where Shane primarily worked upon a number of public private partnership projects.
- Construction Engineering and Infrastructure
- Commercial law, (including tender documents, contract, public/private partnerships)
- Drafting and negotiating tender documentation and construction and related contracts
- Advising on risk mitigation strategies for project delivery
- PPP / PFI
- Sydney Metro Network Stage 1 (Rozelle – Central) –advising the design and construct contractor on all documentation associated with design and development of this $8 to 10 billion upgrade of Sydney’s metropolitan rail network.
- Melbourne Desalination Plant – secondment to the successful Thiess/Degremont bid for the Melbourne Desalination Project. Shane’s role related mainly to all of the operational and maintenance aspects of the project including the negotiation of the O&M Contract
- Victorian Department of Human Services –drafting a suite of construction and consultancy agreement contracts.
- Adelaide Desalination Project – advising the D&C/O&M JV in relation to the bid for the Design, Build, Operation and Maintenance of the project
- GPT – drafting and negotiating a series of consultancy agreements, ECI contracts and design and construction contract for the redevelopment of various shopping centres
- Peninsula Link – advising a joint venture partner from an unsuccessful consortia for this $759 million Victorian Roads project on construction related documentation.
- Addiewell Prisons PFI Project, Scotland – advising the successful bidder for the design, construction, financing and operation of a new 700 cell prison.
- Argyll and Bute Schools PFI Project – £90 million project which involved the design, construction and maintenance for a 30 year period of 10 new build educational facilities across 5 sites in Scotland.
- Victorian Correctional Facilities Partnerships Victoria Project ($300 million) – acting for the successful consortium led by Bilfinger Berger BOT for this Project being undertaken by Department of Justice/Correctional Services Victoria.
- Lane Cove Tunnel PPP Project ($1 billion) – advising Connector Motorways Pty Ltd (formerly the Lane Cove Tunnel Company) on its rights and obligations under both the Project Deed and the Operations and Maintenance Agreement for the $1.5 billion Lane Cover Tunnel Project.
- Regional Fast Rail Project ($500 million) – advising Freight Australia in relation to its contractual obligations with respect to the Regional Fast Rail project.