Tanja has extensive expertise in corporate transactions and corporate advisory work and has practised both in Australia and the UK.
She regularly advises public and private companies on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, capital raisings, corporate restructures and commercial agreements.
Tanja also regularly acts for private equity houses, investment banks, brokers, venture capital investors and founders. She acts on asset and share sale acquisitions and advises her clients on general commercial matters and technical matters, including corporate and regulatory compliance.
Private Equity/Venture Capital
- Advised Navis Capital Partners' investment company, Device Technologies, on multiple bolt-on acquisitions in the medical digital health sector;
- Advised Robinson Webster Holdings Ltd in respect of the refinancing of luxury clothing brand Jigsaw by way of debt and equity;
- Advised Oxford Properties in relation to a 50:50 joint venture relationship with Brockton Capital to redevelop the former Royal Mail Sorting Office at New Oxford Street;
- Advised private angel investors in respect of various investments into Australian start-ups;
- Advised US technology company Oden Technologies in respect of series seed – C investment rounds; and
- Advised US online payment platform Velo Payments Inc. in respect of series seed – C investment rounds.
- Advised eWave Holdings, a digital commerce specialist, on its sale to NYSE-listed purchaser, Globant;
- Advised BW Digital in respect of its acquisition of the shares in Hawaiki Submarine Cable LP, the owner of a 15,000km seabed fibre optic cable linking Australia, New Zealand, American Samoa, Hawaii and the West Coast of the US;
- Advised Jersey based SRJ Technologies on its proposed acquisition of STATS, a market leader in technology-led pressurised pipeline integrity solutions;
- Advised ASX-listed Swoop Holdings Limited on multiple bolt on acquisitions of companies in the telco sector;
- Advised the founders of Prosys, an Australian security management provider, in respect of its sale to Convergint, Inc.;
- Advised Gala Coral Group in relation to the sale of its Gala Bingo division to Caledonia Investments by way of an auction sale for £241 million;
- Advised Pelorus Minerals Limited in respect of its acquisition from Titan Minerals Limited of a mine and associated concessions and infrastructure in Ecuador;
- Advised Accenture in respect of a number of strategic acquisitions of small to medium sized businesses in the professional services industry across the UK and European Union;
- Advised a Singaporean trust in respect of its acquisition of the Cambridge City Hotel from London & Regional Trading No. 3 for £62.5 million;
- Advised Avery Healthcare in respect of the sale and purchase by it of a number of care homes across the UK, Guernsey and the European Union;
- Advised Cognizant Worldwide Ltd in respect of its acquisition of a German information technology services provider with subsidiaries in the UK and France; and
- Advised management in respect of the sale of the entire issued share capital of Cleansorb Ltd to Newpark Resources, Inc.
Equity/Debt Capital Transactions
- Advised CDA Health (Queensland based medicinal cannabis company) on its reverse takeover by ASX-listed Cronos Australia Limited for cash and shares totalling $85 million;
- Advised an ASX-listed company in respect of its proposed acquisition of an Australian insurance company with offices around APAC and associated institutional placement and accelerated entitlement offer for $750 million;
- Advised SRJ Technologies Group plc in respect of its proposed acquisition of STATS (UK) Limited for cash and shares and associated capital raise; and
- Advised Gala Coral in relation to its merger with Ladbrokes in readiness for listing on the Official List and trading on the Main Market of the LSE (deal value £2.3 billion).