NSW Local Government Court Reporter | 2022 | Q1 Edition
Welcome to the latest Maddocks NSW Local Government Court Reporter
In this edition we consider:
- whether a council made negligent misstatements when issuing a planning certificate;
- whether the Court has power to give effect to the dedication of land pursuant to a condition of development consent;
- the principles to be applied in an appeal to the Land and Environment Court under s 56A of the Land and Environment Court Act 1979, and the requirement for the Commissioner to provide sufficient reasons;
- an application by a public authority for the recovery of clean-up costs incurred for a pollution incident;
- the appropriate protective order to be imposed on a mayor for breaching the Local Government Act 1993 (NSW), the Local Government (General) Regulation 2005 and the Council’s Code of Conduct with respect to the disclosure of pecuniary interests; and
- the disclosure of information containing false or unsubstantiated allegations and the meaning of informant under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW).
Are you aware of important changes to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 concerning labour hire arrangements and limitations on insurance coverage?
Amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 (Vic) expand the definitions of employer and employee
Proposed changes to the Privacy Act and the implications for digital advertising
By Gregory Palumbo, Tara Dhanushkoti
We outline the key proposed changes to the Privacy Act that may impact the Ad Tech industry and what steps you can take...