Brendan advises on IT transactions of all types and sizes, including large scale, complex outsourcing and integration projects, cloud-based offerings, data analytics and software licensing and development agreements. He also assists on IP protection and commercialisation, digital marketing and content, social media, sponsorships, privacy and cyber-security.
During his career, Brendan has practised at top tier law-firms and in-house at IBM, where he managed the Law Department Services Team, advising on bids, disputes, large strategic outsourcing and a range of IT offerings and issues. He has also held the role of Senior Legal Counsel at British Telecom in London.
- IBM – Acting on a very large (over $0.5 billion) competitive bid for a federal government client in Canberra, working closely with the sales team, pricers, technology subject matter experts and architects, executives and the global legal community. Completing major contracts with leading customers from a range of industries, including telecommunications, construction, air travel and banking.
- WorleyParsons – developing IT procurement precedents and assisting to establish the company’s global IT contracting processes.
- Westpac – negotiating a major data centre build and services agreement and assisting with a complex partial in-sourcing of a long-standing business processing and IT services arrangement.
- Commonwealth Bank – as part of the Bank’s push into on-demand / cloud-based IT-service procurement, re-working major data storage and software agreements into as-a-Service arrangements. Acting on the Bank’s mainframe tender. Assisting in negotiations to supply an online share trading platform to leading financial institutions.
- numerous digital content distribution deals for companies such as EMI, British Telecom, Vodafone, Jaxsta, Channel Nine and HBO.
- successfully resolving a number of major IT and IP disputes.