Cath is a Partner in the Melbourne Commercial Group.
Cath provides a broad range of corporate and commercial advice, specialising in private M&A transactions. Cath works with portfolio and private companies on their day to day commercial requirements, including terms and conditions and general contractual arrangements, and provides advice to public companies on listing compliance work and corporate governance.
Cath is admitted to the New York Bar, and has seven years of international experience, enabling her to advise on transactions where the client or counterparty is in the US, both where the transaction involves global corporations or where the acquisition or sale is a specific move in the Australian market.
Cath’s clients include multinational companies, private equity houses, investment funds, start-ups, technology companies, listed public companies and privately held Australian companies.
Cath provides commercial advice with a reference to her international experience and with a focus on commerciality and getting the deal done.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial contracts
- Private Equity
- Corporate governance issues
- Strategic joint ventures
- Acting for a privately held electrical wholesaler in its acquisition of a New Zealand subsidiary.
- Advising numerous US based companies with Australian activities in relation to relevant Australian regulatory issues.
- Advising on the divestiture of a business division by an Australian subsidiary of a large European based manufacturing company.
- Assisting with the purchase of an Australian related entity in association with the acquisition of a multinational company by a US based listed entity.
- Preparing notices of meeting and governance documents, and providing continuous disclosure advice, for an Australian listed company with a market capitalisation of over $1 billion.
- Advising CostaExchange Limited, a major fruit and vegetable producer and marketer, on its receipt of private equity investment by a US private equity fund.
Before joining Maddocks, Cath was at King & Wood Mallesons. Before then she was with Kirkland & Ellis LLP in New York.