Jennie is an experienced funds management and financial services lawyer, with over 10 years’ experience in top-tier private practice and in-house legal roles in Australia and the UK. Her experience includes advising responsible entities, corporate trustees, investment managers and other key stakeholders in the funds industry.
Prior to joining Maddocks, Jennie held a number of private practice and in-house roles, including recent experience as in-house legal counsel for an investment manager and professional responsible entity.
- fund structuring
- fund establishments (both domestic and offshore, and wholesale and retail offerings)
- investment management
- outsourcing arrangements, operations, custody and distribution
- financial services regulation
- corporate transactional matters
- Regulatory advice to responsible entities/corporate trustees, fund managers and other financial services participants.
- Fund structuring advice to responsible entities/corporate trustees and fund managers.
- Establishing and advising on both unregistered and registered managed investment schemes across various asset classes (including equities funds, mortgage funds, property funds and funds investing in gold and other precious metals).
- Preparing and advising on offer documents (including information memoranda and PDSs).
- Preparing class order relief applications.
- Advising on the registration of managed investment schemes.
- Negotiating trustee/responsible entity services, investment management, custody, registry, fund administration and platform services agreements.
- Advising on authorised representative arrangements.
- Advising on ASFL requirements.