“The team is acknowledged for its very commercial approach and for having a good profile in Melbourne.”
Chambers Asia Pacific 2017
The Maddocks Restructuring and Insolvency team advises insolvency practitioners, financial institutions, creditors, corporations and government instrumentalities on formal insolvency appointments and business recovery and reconstruction strategies.
Our partners are consistently named as leading lawyers in this field by independent publications. Our team provides a comprehensive service and is able to draw upon the experience and expertise of our commercial, litigation, property, employment and taxation teams when required.
How can we help?
Our lawyers develop strategic and commercially viable solutions which are specific to individual client needs.
The team is known for its commercial approach to restructuring and asset realisation, working closely with clients to achieve the desired outcome within the shortest possible timeframe. We combine technical skill, lateral thinking and a willingness to listen to help clients achieve the most beneficial result.
Our team is particularly experienced in working with insolvency practitioners and secured creditors in devising and implementing asset recovery and realisation strategies.
We also regularly advise companies and individuals who are confronting financial challenges which may lead to insolvency or possible personal liability.
We advise on:
- corporate reconstructions – designing, developing and implementing the legal processes and procedures required for significant mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring in Australia and internationally.
- all areas of insolvency and corporations law including:
- voluntary administration
- security enforcement
- recovery and realisation strategies
- negotiations with secured creditors
- ASIC investigations
Through our connections with the Insolvency Practitioners’ Association of Australia and the Insolvency and Reconstruction Committee of The Law Council of Australia we keep abreast of and are involved in legal developments in this area, both domestically and around the world.
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2016 – “We tend to use them because of their responsiveness and ability to deploy resources quickly. They get to work on files right away, and often deliver within very short timeframes.”
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – “The lawyers at Maddocks are rated for being ‘proactive and very willing to listen’, handling matters involving a range of sectors.”
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2015 – Recommended for Restructuring and Insolvency, with clients saying “… They are strong commercial partners for our business.”, and “They understand the industry, and their special skills and commercial nature add value.”
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Restructuring and Insolvency
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2014 – Recommended for Restructuring and Insolvency
- IFLR 1000 2014 – Recognised as a notable consultant for Restructuring and Insolvency
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 – Ranked for Restructuring and Insolvency