Cybercrime and data breaches cost the Australian economy more than $4.5 billion annually and globally it is estimated to be around $120 billion. There is no doubt that cyber and data resilience is one of the top emerging risks for the 21st century, for both private and public organisations.
The Maddocks Cyber and Data Resilience team can assist by providing the full suite of legal advice to prepare your organisation. More information on how we can help is available on our Cyber and Data Resilience team page.
Lateral, adaptable, responsive thinking
Change is the defining characteristic of intellectual property and technology – changing technology, changing laws and changing business. This creates complex legal and technological ramifications that companies and government agencies must understand to ensure commercial success.
As the ground shifts and new risks and opportunities emerge, clients need lawyers with exceptional intellectual property and technology knowledge in order to develop solutions that maximise every new opportunity.
Ranked ‘Highly Recommended’ in Legal Profiles, the national client guide to Australian law firms, Maddocks’ intellectual property and technology group assembles lawyers in both disciplines. They are also practising commercial lawyers who assist clients across a range of e-business applications: from developing an online presence, to implementing e-commerce initiatives, acquiring hardware and software solutions and, in the case of the private sector, sourcing venture capital and eventual listings and floats.
Maddocks was also announced the winner of the Professional Services Award at the prestigious 2010 ACOMM Awards. Maddocks was the only law firm to win an award at the 2010 industry event. The award recognises Maddocks’ efforts in assisting clients responding to the changing communications landscape, including advising clients in relation to the National Broadband Network.
Our approach is defined by a profound commitment to the projects we undertake and the clients we work with. Open communication, responsiveness, accessibility and teamwork underpin our approach, as well as an overriding focus on achieving beneficial client outcomes.
Recognised as industry specialists
Maddocks specialises in Internet domain names and their related infrastructure. The firm’s ability was recognised when it was appointed to be the sole legal adviser to auDA, the nation’s regulating body for Australia’s domain name industry (all domain names with an .au suffix).
The firm is described as ‘highly competent, efficient, and abreast of current issues’ and ‘able to communicate complex subject matter in simple terms’.
We regularly advise private and government clients on:
|E-business and online transactions
|| Online Content
|Use of enabling legislation
| Technology contracts
|Technology transfer and licensing
| Protection of intellectual property rights
| Communications legislative compliance
Technology Procurement Handbook – is intended for any customer proposing to engage a vendor to provide technology related products and/or services. Click here for more information or to obtain a copy.
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2014- 2017 – Ranked for Technology, Media and Telecommunications. “A well-rounded and integrated TMT team advising on telecommunications regulations, technology contracting and media law matters. Sought after by users and suppliers of IT solutions for commercial and licensing agreements and on technology transactions relating to the M&A activity of corporate clients.”
- ACCOMS Awards – Shortlisted for Services to the Industry, Professional Services Award in 2017 and 2016. Winners for Services to the Industry, Professional Services Award in 2012 and 2010.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Media Law International 2017, 2016, 2015 and 2014 – Maddocks is “one to watch” say peers.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015- Ranked for Technology, Media and Telecommunications
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014 – Ranked for Technology, Media and Telecommunications