“They are brilliant. They have been really committed to the client and are very good with the technical legal advice but also have a very valuable commercial approach.”
Chambers Asia-Pacific Guide 2017
Advising clients in the construction and infrastructure sector is core business for Maddocks. As a result, our lawyers are frequently recognised by independent sources as amongst the best in their field.
Our team operates nationally, advising government and statutory authorities, local governments, contractors, subcontractors, facilities management providers, developers, institutional property owners, investors and consultants.
How can we help?
Maddocks’ approach is practical, focused and hands on. Our objective is to minimise risk, create clarity and deliver optimal commercial outcomes for our clients.
An understanding of the construction industry, the regulatory environment and, importantly, your business – together with a strategic approach and legal excellence – is essential to providing effective legal services.
Maddocks can assist with all legal aspects of project procurement and tendering, project documentation, contract administration, dispute resolution, asset and facilities management, and building industry regulation.
Specifically, the team has substantial expertise and experience in:
- legislation and government policies, procedures and codes, particularly relating to building industry regulation and infrastructure procurement
- advising on suitable project procurement methodologies such as construct only, design and construct, managing contractor, early contractor involvement, and alliancing
- preparing expression of interest and invitation to tender documents and assisting private and public sector organisations conduct these processes (including evaluation and negotiation)
- preparing all forms of contract documents relating to construction and infrastructure projects including facilities management, operation and maintenance contracts
- establishment and management of bidding consortia
- managing contractor arrangements
- advising on PPPs, particularly at the delivery level
- contract administration and strategic advice to manage risk and minimise or avoid disputation
- dispute resolution, including under the State and Territory ‘Security of Payment’ legislation.
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2017 – A highly regarded construction group attracting mandates in areas such as transportation, social infrastructure, residential and telecoms. Serves a clientele from the private and public sectors, with a strong base of state government clients.
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2015/2016 – Ranked for Construction and Projects
- Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2014/2015 – Ranked for Construction and Projects
- Doyle’s Guide 2015 – ranked for leading back-end construction law firm and recommended for front-end construction law firm.